Hey darlings! Let’s just jump right in to this topic, shall we? Who has hyperpigmentation? *raises hand* Who has dull complexion? *raises hand* Who has large pores? *raises hand* Who suffers from acne? *raises hand* Who suffers from wrinkles? Who suffers from ANY SKIN RELATED PROBLEMS? If you’re like most of the population, let me introduce you to the PMD aka the Personal Microdermabrasion system.
What is microdermabrasion? Microdermabrasion is a procedure where tiny crystals are used to buff away the dry, dead skin off the surface layer of your skin. It promotes cell renewal and reveals healthier, younger looking skin. Also, since it’s removing the gunk from the outmost layer of your skin, your skincare products will be able to penetrate your skin SO MUCH BETTER.
I first heard about this product 2 years ago when I was watching Amanda Ensing’s video on it. However, that price tag was intense and I was a broke ass college student. Let’s just keep it real haha. I obviously had to put it on the back burner. Two years later, more and more people on YouTube were talking about it and I finally decided to buy it. Keep in mind, a single treatment of microdermabrasion can be a bit pricy. In NYC, prices range from $50-$150 per session. The PMD is $159 but I was lucky enough get a coupon code from Raschelle aka MsRoshPosh on YT for 15% off. So, I only paid $135.The PMD kit comes with the device itself, 2 caps (1 for body, 1 for face), 1 training disc (the white one), 4 sensitive skin, blue discs (2 for face, 2 for body), 2 normal skin, green discs (1 for face, 1 for body), and of course the plug.
When I got it, I wanted to use it immediately! I saw so many tutorials on it, so I decided to jump right in. I even skipped the video that came with the package – rebellious, I know. I just tested it on my arm with the white training disc for about 10 seconds and decided I knew how to use it.
The first time I used it, I don’t think I was doing it right because I didn’t notice any difference. The product itself doesn’t claim difference after one use but plenty of reviews that I read were claiming magical things. The only thing I noticed was that was skin was pretty damn soft. The next morning, my skin didn’t seem much different. However, after the second and third treatment, I was floored. The hyperpigmentation on my skin was noticeably fading, especially on my chin which is where I’m prone to scars and acne. I also had a pimple coming in and when I used the PMD, it was flat the next morning – literally. My family has even noticed a difference in my skin to the point that they want me to use it on them. I personally use the device once a week. I know some people who say they do it twice a week but I’m not brave enough to do that. It’s my face we’re talking about here lol. I don’t want to cause any issues I can’t come back from haha.
Here are some tips:
- Prior to using the PMD, wash your face and make sure it’s 100% dry. Otherwise, it’ll be hard to move the PMD on your skin if it’s clammy or damp.
- Hold your skin taut when using the device.
- Make sure the device is always moving NEVER let it hover in one spot. You will burn your skin. I was a millisecond away from doing this. Thankfully nothing happened but just a bit of redness.
- If your skin does get a bit red after you try it, DON’T BE ALARMED. That’s your blood coming up to the skin’s surface because the device sucks at your skin.
- Follow up with a toner and moisturizer, of course.
- Start off with the sensitive disc. When you’re comfortable, move on to the normal discs or you can even buy more abrasive discs if you don’t think the normal discs will do it for you.
- Make sure you clean the discs and filter after use. I use rubbing alcohol for the discs and warm water for the filter.
I can 100% honestly say that this product has been changing my skin. If you’re consistent, I know you’ll reach the skin that you’ve always desired. Don’t get discouraged if you’re not seeing results after 2 weeks. I’d give it a month because everyone’s skin is different. But I promise you that you’ll get that glow soon enough!
If you want to see a demo, check out MsRoshPosh’s video.