Happy New Year! I know I have been going in and out of blogging, but the holidays and work had me on a new type of busy. However, this year I promise to be more consistent :). This is the first time I’m doing a yearly favorites post and I’m sure they’ll be more to come. I tried to add a product from every part of beauty and this is what I came out with. I honestly had to be realistic and think about things that I used constantly. Let’s just jump in, shall we?
- Murad’s Skin Smoothing Polish is holy grail when it comes to exfoliating. The texture is so finely milled and gives you the squeaky clean feeling you’re dying for when you’ve been wearing makeup all day, every day.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is top 3 in my high-end foundation collection. This baby lasts! It makes your skin look flawless. I’ve actual people compliment me on my complexion when I wear this. The finish is flawless. It doesn’t look cakey at all and just makes me feel simply godly. They also have a wide shade range.
- KVD Lock-It Foundation is my second favorite when it comes to high-end foundation. The formula is on the thicker side, but the coverage is insane. I put this on and sometimes skip concealer and a little goes a long way.
- Maybelline’s Fit Me Matte + Poreless is the best drugstore foundation I’ve come across since Revlon Colorstay. I haven’t found any drugstore foundation that I’ve loved just as much as Revlon’s Colorstay and this baby comes quite close. The coverage is medium and buildable. It feels great on my skin and I basically used every week since I bought it. I have probably 2 more uses out of it until I buy a new one.
- LA Girl Pro Conceal is the best concealer out there for frugalistas. The coverage is amazing and so is the texture. The shade range is great as well.
- NYX’s Dark Circle Concealer is amazing for color correcting. I use this on dark spots and dark circles and it makes a super huge difference.
- Maybelline’s Lash Sensational Mascara is one of my holy grail mascaras from the drugstore. At first, I didn’t enjoy it but I found out how to work with it. Since then, I use it almost every day.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara is my favorite high-end mascara. The amount of volume this baby gives you is insane. I use it basically every day.
- Billion Dollar Brows Brow Powder is the best powder I’ve used for brows. I just started using it a month ago but I had to include it. It definitely was a favorite.
- Rosebud Salve has been around forever and for good reason. This is the only thing that moisturizes my lips instantly and keeps them moisturized for a long while.
- Maybelline Touch of Spice is my favorite pinkish lip shade and I would use it every week for like half the year. It’s super soft yet matte.
- Coloured Raine Cherry Blossom will always be my favorite red shade. This has been my go-to red shade since I bought it.
- KVD Lolita was another one of my go-to’s this year. I mean I don’t think this shade needs much explanation. Everyone and their mother loved this shade in 2015.
- Marc Jacobs Daisy was my go-to fragrance this year. That’s saying a lot since I own 10 different fragrances. It’s just delicious.