Hey, dears! I’ve realized that I don’t talk about primers too often here, which is insane because I think primer is important. I’m not the kind of person who can wear foundation raw on my face. I need some type of barrier on my skin. Since I’m more oily skinned, I lean more towards matte primers but don’t fret! Some of these primers are good for dry skinned people as well. Let’s just jump in…
First off, let me just say I know some of these primers look like they’ve been through it! But, I figured I might as well still take a photo of them because that just shows you how much I like them haha.
- L’oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur ($25) This is one of the more pricey drugstore primer options, but I really like it. It leaves a velvety smooth, matte finish and is perfect for blurring lines, wrinkles, uneven skin and pores. It also claims to minimize the appearance of all those things within 4 weeks. I would definitely recommend this to people will more mature skin. My grandma goes hard on this primer and that’s why it looks like that haha.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light ($16) I was on a budget so I picked up the travel size, but the full size is $36. This is probably one of my holy grail high-end foundations. It’s ideal for acne prone and oily skin. It’s very lightweight and makes your skin feel godly! It blurs all of your imperfections seamlessly and your makeup will look flawless. I have not one complaint!
- Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer ($18) Once again, I had to be frugal so I bought the travel size haha. The full size is $52. Anyway, this primer has a satin-finish but I still enjoy it. A little goes a long way and the staying power is amazing. Your skin feels like silk all day long. This primer is ideal for those with dry skin.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser ($5) For a drugstore primer, this is pretty great! I have been using it for years and the only complaint I have is that it doesn’t control oil as much as would like, but it’s still a pretty damn good primer. It does erase your pores like a dream, though.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector ($36) This baby is MATTE! So, dry skinned people steer clear. Welcome to the dream oily skinned people! This will keep your face matte all day long. I went hard on this baby all summer and spring I even used it a bit during the colder months haha. If your face is an oil well, buy this. It will change your life.