Hey, babes. I’ve been working on this post for a while because I wanted to finalize my opinions on these babies. I kept testing them out over and over and OVER again until I finally decided what I really thought about them. I’m going to talk about 6 liquid lipstick brands in this post: Dose of Colors, Colourpop, Kat Von D, Coloured Raine, Ofra, and LimeCrime. Before you say anything, I know that I said that I do not support LimeCrime and I still don’t. I have not purchased anything from then since I took that stance. I’m also aware that dangerous chemicals have been found in the RED VELVET shade of LimeCrime Velevetines. However, I’m not going to toss a product that I already owned and spent my hard earned money on. I’m not gonna front on a product because their CEO is full of sh**. Also, I have to keep in mind that not all my readers are against LimeCrime whether they are aware of the issues or not. Just like not all my readers have oily skin, or have tan skin, or have curly hair. I have to be fair. I’m not going to bash a product because I dislike the company or their CEO. Now that that has been cleared up, let’s talk about the rating system.
I’m rating these products on 4 things: pigmentation, consistency, comfort, and longevity.
- Pigmentation – Do I need to continuously swipe over and over my lips to get the desired color?
- Consistency – Is it lightweight? thick? creamy? more on the liquid side?
- Comfort – Does it feel like there’s cement on my lips or nothing at all?
- Longevity – Is this gonna last through the day full of various activities?
To me, consistency and longevity are what I worry about the most. Why am I gonna buy a lipstick that doesn’t last long? Why am I gonna apply a lipstick that’s smearing and thick on the lips? Comfort and pigmentation are important but can easily be fixed with lip balm and more product.
- Dose of Colors Berry Me ($18) This would have to me one of my all time favorites. The pigmentation is flawless! The consistency is like creamy, mousse. I’ve never felt something like it. It almost feels whipped and it’s super lightweight. For that reason, I must say it’s definitely the most comfortable liquid lipstick I’ve ever worn. It takes about 1-2 minutes to fully dry but once it’s dry, there is no transfer. The longevity is good. The only thing I would stay away from is oily foods, but it says that on the website. If you tend to eat something super wet or oily, it will transfer but not fade. The color will never leave your lips. I just wish they had a larger variety of shades. Overall Rating: 4.5/5
- LimeCrime Salem ($20) The consistency of this liquid lipstick is very liquidy. So, I would definitely work more carefully with it especially since it’s a darker color. Pigmentation is perfect. It does try fairly quick and it’s fairly comfortable. I wouldn’t say it’s super drying on the lips. It does transfer just a tiny bit if it’s not completely dry, but the color doesn’t fade at all. The longevity is pretty damn good. It has lasted me through eating tons of different meals, except buffalo wings. That’s understandable though because wings are very messy lol. Overall Rating: 4/5
- Ofra Cosmetics Miami Fever ($19.90) I don’t want to upset anyone, but this shade sold out, bun coming back for limited time October 26. It was created in a collaboration with Youtube beauty guru, KathleenLights. However, I figured that some of you possibly ordered it and want to read up on it or some of you want to check out some Ofra other liquid lipsticks and needed a reference. Pigmentation is good. I don’t need to keep dipping in the tube. The consistency is pretty creamy, but slight tacky at the same time. I hate that tacky feeling. It’s not like the NYX Soft Matte lip cream consistency. It’s definitely thicker. I prefer liquid lipsticks on the creamier side, but not thick creamy. Also, this lipstick transfers like no other. I would definitely blot your lips after applying because it definitely takes longer to FULLY dry. As far as comfort, it’s about average. I definitely know I have something on my lips, but it doesn’t necessarily bother me. For longevity, it stays on for a pretty good amount of time. However, if you find your lips are drying while wearing it, the color may peel. Overall Rating: 3/5
- Colourpop Bumble and Tulle ($6) When it comes to these, you either like them or you don’t. The pigmentation on these depends on the color you buy. For a lighter shade, like Bumble, I sometimes have to double dip in the tube. It might get a bit streaky when applying. For a darker shade, like Tulle, I can apply on my whole pout in one shot. These dry SUPER FAST! The moment you apply your bottom lip and move on to your top, the bottom will be dry. It literally dries instantaneously and the consistency is very liquidy and lightweight. It’s definitely more on the drying side, as well. So, I would deeply moisturize my lips before wearing them. You’re supposed to moisturize your lips regardless before applying liquid matte lipsticks, but for this one you REALLY need to. They don’t transfer at all, but if you’re eating a lot it CAN fade towards the end of the day – especially when it comes to the lighter shades. Overall rating: 3.5/5
- Coloured Raine Cherry Blossom ($16.50) This is probably my favorite liquid lipstick color ever! It looks gorgeous on my skin tone. But, I digress. We are talking quality of the formula, not color haha. The consistency is on the more liquid side and it dries pretty much instantaneously. It’s pretty lightweight on the lips, too. The longevity and pigmentation of this color is a beast! It’s a pain to remove. It doesn’t transfer one bit! It does feel a bit uncomfortable at first, but once it’s like fully settled into your lips, you’ll barely feel it. Also, be sure to put a thin layer on because otherwise it will feel super uncomfortable and start to crumble. That is the worst feeling ever. Overall Rating: 4/5
- Kat Von D Lolita ($22) I have the 2nd release of Lolita aka “the bad batch”. However, I have NO COMPLAINTS. I like it! Kat Von D’s liquid lipsticks are amazing! I’m just gonna say that upfront. The consistency is lightweight and more on the liquid side. The pigmentation is spectacular. The comfort level is good. It’s not as lightweight as Dose of Colors, but it’s still light. I’m not bothered by wearing it at all! The longevity is great, as well. The only time I’ve noticed any fading is when I’m eating something oily and it on fades in the center of my inner bottom lip. To me, that’s barely noticeable. Otherwise, it’s spectacular. Another huge bonus is that they have a huge color selection! Overall rating: 4.5/5
The Final Rank
Dose of Colors
Kat Von D