Hey, babes! Today we’re going to talk about beauty stuff that you can find at the supermarket rather than a makeup store. There are so many common household items that can help you with your beauty blunders and you may not even know it! I’ve tried all these products for beauty purposes and in my opinion, they all work great! So, let’s just jump right in.
- Coconut Oil Coconut oil is the queen of multipurpose.What makes coconut oil so amazing is that it has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. You can use it for internal health, cooking, and various beauty purposes. I’ve used it as a hair mask, body moisturizer, chapstick, and for oil pulling. You can also use it to soothe rashes and skin conditions.
- Rubbing Alcohol Ran out of deodorant? No problem! Plenty of people have used rubbing alcohol on their armpits and it actually lasts way longer than deodorant. And no, your armpits won’t smell like alcohol all day, just like your hands don’t smell like alcohol all day after you use hand sanitizer.
- Olive Oil Finished a pack of makeup wipes? Just use some olive oil on your face and everything will come off and I mean EVERYTHING. As a person with mainly oily skin, this doesn’t affect me negatively in any way. It actually removes my makeup better and faster.
- Baby Powder If you roots are oily, dab a bit of baby powder on them. No everyone has the time or money to spend on dry shampoo. But, make sure to brush is out! Nobody wants a white scalp.
- Baking Soda I’m sure you already can guess what baking soda is used for besides cleaning. Yes, it’s used for whitening those teeth! You can mix it with your toothpaste or even rub it on your teeth after you brush them.
- Vaseline As we all know, vaseline is great for moisturizing lips, cuts, burns,scrapes, and your body. However, I used it mostly to get rid of the dead skin on my lips.
- Toothbrush A toothbrush is a handy tool for taming baby hairs as well as brushing the dead skin on your lips when exfoliating. Make sure the brush is old and clean! Don’t go stealing anyone’s toothbrush.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (sorry I ran out) This is great as a toner and hair clarifier. Use it on acne breakouts and I promise you it’ll work! If you’re about that co-wash life, using a ACV & water spray will help clarify your hair and get rid of the gunk! Make sure to buy organic. I don’t think the others will work just as good. Also, it doesn’t smell that great – just a disclaimer.