Once again, it’s time to give a shoutout to all the frugalistas out there. This one is for you :). Makeup can become an addiction. All those amazing, beautiful colors and how they just make your face a masterpiece, it’s just plain goodness! In order to feed that addiction, you need to cough up the dough. However, some makeup companies have some insane prices. Unfortunately, some people think that for great quality you need to drop a bunch of money. Wrong! There are a good amount of places that are super affordable and still maintain good quality. I’m going to share with you my favorite places to shop when I’m on a budget because no one wants to end up like this….
- NYX Cosmetics NYX was my first love when I got into makeup. It was within my broke a** college budget range and the quality was, and still is amazing! I have so many NYX products. Their lipsticks, eyebrow pencils, bronzers, illuminators, lip liners, etc are just perfect. The price range is $3-30. Most of the products fall below $15 unless you’re getting a kit or palette.
- elf Cosmetics I know some people have reservations about elf but they are pretty damn dope. The makeup tools are great and so are their makeup products. My all time faves are their eyeshadow palettes, blushes, and brushes. About 90% of their products are less than $20. The other 5% are on the pricier side because they’re mostly made up of makeup collections.
- BH Cosmetics Ever since the BH’s website crashed due to every one wanting to buy the Carli Bybel Palette, a lot of people have been bashing the company. So many people were telling Carli that she should’ve went with a higher end company. That’s just pure bullsh*t. It honestly pissed me off. Just because a company is having technical difficulties RIGHTFULLY SO doesn’t mean that the company is garbage. It’s technology. It’s life. I’ve been using BH Cosmetics for a while now. All my brushes basically come from there and a good amount of my palettes. The quality is great! I’ve never had any complaints. Also, Carli stated that it was one of the first makeup brands she purchased from when she started on YouTube. So, I just find it rude and ridiculous that people want to bash a company because of a day of technical difficulties. Get over it. Moving on from my rant (haha), this company has great brushes and palettes. You can also find a pretty good beauty blender dupe for $5! Almost everything is less than $20 except for a couple of brush sets and their makeup storage boxes.
- Colourpop When I discovered Colourpop, I was thrilled! The colors are gorgeous and super pigmented. Everything is less than $10, unless you’re buying a collection item which can range from $20-30. I definitely recommend their highlighters and lip products.
- L.A. Girl Once I bought their concealer, I was hooked. Everything is $10 or less. I highly recommend their concealers, lipsticks, lip liners, and face powder. The quality is superb and you can’t beat a price like that!
- City Color Cosmetics I recently found out about this company from a coworker and I can’t believe I didn’t know about it sooner. I’ve bought a few lipsticks, blushes, and lip liners from there. They all are pretty good quality and the lipsticks are super moisturizing. Most of the products are less than $15. A few slip into the $20-35 range.
- Coastal Scents I haven’t bought much makeup from here except 2 eyeshadow palettes. However, I really like their brushes. They haven’t shed or failed me yet. It kind of reminds me of BH cosmetics except they have more brush options. Everything is $20 or less and they are always having a sale.
These are the companies that I personally enjoy and recommend the most. Any other suggestions, feel free to let a girl know 😉