Happy Saturday people! I’ve been thinking about doing a “Top 5” post perhaps every month or every other month, because I find that a lot of people enjoy them. Whether you’re a high end or drugstore beauty person, I think posts like these will be beneficial. So, be on the look out.
Anyway, lately I’ve been into sampling so many different foundations. Why? Because I just love trying out new foundations! It’s that simple haha. Before I indulge in my top 5 favorite foundations, let’s discuss my personal preference when looking for a foundation.
- Coverage: It HAS to be medium to full coverage because I do have hyperpigmentation on my chin.
- Skin Type: It has to work well with combo/oily skin. Lately, my skin has been combo but in the summer it can get crazy.
- Lightweight: I’m not quite fond of the feeling of having makeup on my face. I know I have it on but I don’t want to feel it.
- Longevity: It has to be long lasting.
So, based on the criteria above here are my all time favorites from least expensive to most expensive.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless ($6-8)
- This foundation is my new favorite drugstore foundation. As I said in my battle of the brands post, it’s amazing. It’s medium to full coverage and the shade (Warm Honey 322) fits me impeccably. However, I will say the color selection isn’t great, especially for people with darker skin tones. Also, it doesn’t look or feel heavy and the wear longevity is decent. Since it’s matte, it’s ideal for my skin type.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid ($27)
- The funny thing is that I never tried MAC foundations until last June. This is my best friend’s go-to foundation and she had nothing but good things to say about it. I finally decided to leave my Revlon Colorstay behind and snag me a bottle of this and now…it’s my everyday foundation. But not for nothing, Revlon’s Colorstay is pretty close to this. However, this is better. The coverage is medium but buildable, with a matte finish. It’s not the most lightweight but it’s comfortable and it’s long-wearing.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup ($37)
- This baby right here is greatness. The staying power is INSANE!!! The color selection is great. The coverage is medium and buildable. My favorite thing about this foundation is that it does not budge for sh*t. I can probably sleep in this and wake up with a full face in the morning, BUT I would never do that. It’s very natural looking too.
NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation ($48)
- I just recently did a Hit or Miss post on this magic in a bottle so you should already know I’m in love. This is my holy grail high end foundation. Estee Lauder is great but this one is so lightweight it’s scary. The finish is gorgeous!! I look like a glowing goddess without looking like an oil slick. The coverage is definitely full – sometimes I even skip concealer on my blemishes. The longevity is amazing as well. I have nothing bad to say about it at all!!
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk ($62)
- This one has come close to being my holy grail, VERY CLOSE. The problem is… it’s too damn expensive. A holy grail foundation is something I can continue to buy over and over again and not feel pain. This is literally biting a bullet. NAR’s foundation makes me cringe just a tad but this foundation makes me want to cry hahaha. I fell in love because it’s so lighweight and silky. I love the silky feeling it gives my face. Words can never justify how good my skin feels when I have this on. The coverage is buildable and leaves my skin looking radiant and flawless.
I hope this post gave you some insight on what I think is best in the market based on my criteria. If you’re criteria is similar to mine, I definitely suggest you try these out. Also, I know I had only 1 drugstore foundation on here as my favorite but the rest just don’t scream AMAZING to me. But here are some drugstore foundations that I think are pretty good, as well.
Revlon Colorstay (Although there was controversy surrounding their CEO, I need to give credit where it’s due.)
CoverGirl 3-in-1 & CoverGirl Queen Collection
L’oreal True Match