Hi all! For those of you who don’t know, I’m a TV junkie. I rarely ever get to watch my shows live due to my hectic schedule but that doesn’t mean I don’t get caught up! I always get caught up before the next episode airs thanks to On Demand and TiVo. I rarely ever do posts about TV shows but this season, I’ve been addicted to 2 of these shows. The last one is rather new but I see potential! I need to talk about these amazing shows and make sure YOU start to tune in ASAP.
Before we get started, let me just say I’m NOT easily impressed when it comes to TV shows. If I’m not hooked by the end of the second episode, I no longer care to watch it. All of these shows have gotten me hooked from the very beginning. So just know that if I could be hooked by them, YOU can too!
So let’s discuss the amazingness that has been happening on my TV these days…
- I know you guys expected this show to be in this post! The ratings are off the wall!!! Empire is literally one of the best shows I’ve seen in a while. The season finale was just this Wednesday which is perfect, so you can catch up! The cliffhangers are freaking ridiculous! Every damn episode is compelling. You will never get bored – that’s for damn sure.
- Synopsis: The show has a King Lear theme to it. The main plot is centered around an entertainment company and the drama surrounding the members of the founder’s’ family, as they fight for control of the company.
How To Get Away With Murder
- This show isn’t BRAND SPANKING NEW (it started in September) but Holy crap! This TV series is mind blowing!!!! I was addicted from the very start! If you enjoy Scandal, you’ll enjoy HTGAWM. To be honest, I’m over the whole Scandal frenzy. This show replaced it for me, in every way possible.
- Synopsis: The show follows the personal and professional lives of defense lawyer and professor, Annalise Keating (Viola Davis), along with her four star students who work at her firm. However, throughout the series, all five characters become unwillingly involved in a murder plot.
- To be honest, I was a bit hesitant at first about this show. I’m all about the supernatural stuff: vampires, werewolves, witches, etc BUT zombies never interested me that much. When I found out the show was based on a comic book, I was even MORE hesitant because I only like Marvel comics. But, I did tune in on Tuesday and I actually enjoyed it. It’s not crazy dramatic like Empire or HTGAWM. It’s more of a dramedy (drama comedy). The ratings its received are generally good but it’s very early. Also, I think this show is best for younger audiences, like 16+ aged viewers.
- Synopsis: A woman becomes a zombie and starts to crave brain. She begins to work at a morgue and every time she consumes some brain, she can see the thoughts of the dead. Oh, and she can’t just stop eating brain or she’ll lose her memories and intelligence. She can’t risk being exposed! Plus, since she has this “power” she can help solve the crimes of the victims at the morgue.
What are some addicting TV shows you’re enjoying this season? Please share because I’m always looking for a new show!