It’s officially Fall darlings! Time to put Summer clothes away and bask in the the chilly, sweater weather. Fall is my favorite season to shop for because I love mustard yellow, forest green, aubgergine, burgundy, gray, cream, black etc… all the typical Fall colors you can think of. I just love warm, dark colors. Anyway, I wanted to share with you some of the staple items every girl should have in their closet this Fall. Let’s jump in, shall we?
- Cardigans – Let’s be real. If you don’t already have cardigans in your closet for the Fall, you’re doing it wrong. Every one has a cardigan! This is probably by most bought item during the Fall season! You can get knit cardigans, light cardigans, with buttons, without, etc… they’re very versatile.
- Jackets – This is another no-brainer. Leather jackets and varsity jackets are my thing. I’m in love with them – but don’t get jackets mixed up with coats. They are completely different. Which brings me to….
- Coats – Coats are warmer than jackets. I’m a peacoat girl but I plan to dabble in the robe coat trend this Fall.
- Boots, boots, and boots – You need at 4 types of boots in your Fall closet. Those include: over the knee boots, rain boots, combat boots, and booties. Some with heel, some without and maybe some with wedge. If you don’t want to buy 4 types of boots definitely get rain boots for obvious reasons.
- Sneakers – Everyone needs a minimalist sneaker. I usually go with Converse or a plain but stylish pair of Nikes. It all depends on where I’m going. You might even want to go with a nice pair of wedge sneakers.
- Sweaters – You can’t ever have too many of these. Let’s be serious.
Hats – I’m usually a panama hat chick, but sometimes beanies and snap backs are necessary. I’m more of a snap back chick during the Fall and a beanie girl during the winter.
Flannel Shirts – Lately, I’ve been obsessing over flannel. It’s warm and it goes with pretty much anything.
- Boyfriend Jeans – These jeans will never be last season. They’re completely versatile! Definitely invest in a pair, or two, or three! Hahaha.
These are the top items I look for when I’m getting dressed during Fall. Some other items I like to invest in are:
- Scarves (duh.)
- Leggings (of course.)
- Pencil skirts
- Basic long sleeved shirts
- Camis (for under hoodies and cardigans)